Wednesday 7 May 2014

Poster

The photos I used for the poster: 
 
This is my first poster draft:
I am happy with the pictures and the colouring of the 'Heaven & Earth' title.
However, I feel the red line is too long, and possibly too thin, and I am not happy with the credits or any of the fonts.
Also there is no 'Coming Soon', actors names or website.

Taking this into account, I made my finished poster:
Sticking with the 'less is more' rule, I created my poster. I feel that the bright white background really accentuates the cleanliness of the poster, and because it is so simple, people walking in the street are more likely to notice the poster in contrast to the busy world around them. Also the white links in with Heaven, so it sticks with my theme.
I made the red line thicker, found better fonts, and added in what was missing.

Description:
I have put the actors names at the top of the page, with their surnames in bold, because if they were famous, it is more likely that people would notice and recognise the surnames than their first names. These are spaced out to either side of the red line, on the matching side of the actor.
There is a thick red line separating Abby and Tom, running down the middle of the page and stopping just before the credits. I felt that the use of a red line on white was more likely to draw attention, plus it is cohesive with the red font used at the bottom of the poster, and with the red of Abby's dress (although it is a different shade).
Tom is in a longing pose, trying to reach out to Abby past the line. However, because she can't see him, Abby is in a pose oblivious to Tom's. Both Abby and Tom did exactly as I wanted for the photos (although, unfortunately I did forget the wings so I have left them out of the photo), and I'm really happy with how they've turned out and how I've edited them. The photos give an insight to the narrative of the film (in which Tom is trying to get Abby, however, she can't see him but he can see her), and show the audience who is in it.
The title font for 'Heaven & Earth' is really clean and simple, and I got exactly the colours I wanted here. The 'Heaven' is on Tom's side as he's an angel, and the 'Earth' is on Abby's side, because she's just a normal person. The '&' is in the middle on the line, connecting the two words whilst the line separate the photos.
The credits are at the bottom, in the middle of the page. It took me a while to find a good way to make the credits, after looking online for a while though, I found a template that allowed me to put my names in the correct font and layout of block credits.
'Coming soon' is in red and bold font at the end of the credits. Although it is not the main part of the poster, I didn't feel that it was very important as the date would only fill up poster space and ruin the neat look.
There is a website written in small red writing at the very bottom of the poster, this allows people to look online for a quick preview of the film, and adds an interactive feature to the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment