Monday 5 May 2014

Magazine rough draft



My magazine rough draft. I have chosen to make it the front cover of Empire magazine.
I have taken inspiration from other Empire magazines, to ensure the layout fits in with the other issues of Empire. However, after looking at Empire front covers, I have found that the layout differs from issue to issue, so I was free to design the layout of my front cover how I wanted it to be.

Description: There is a caption at the top of the page saying 'The RomCom event of the year', to describe the exclusive preview of 'Heaven & Earth'; my film.
'Empire' is placed at the top of the magazine, in its usual place. The price and date of the magazine is placed on top of the 'M'.
The caption underneath the title says 'The world's biggest film magazine', which I have copied from another issue. However, I still feel it fits in with this issue, because it is only describing the magazine.
The barcode is underneath 'Empire', still visible but only important for the selling of the magazine in shops. I may move this when making my magazine.
There is a portrait picture of my main female role in the middle of the page, smiling and looking at the camera. This creates a connection with the reader, and if she were played by a well-known actor then people would recognise her and be more likely to pick up the magazine. The fact that she fills a lot of the page also helps to make the page look fuller, thus making the magazine look like it has more to offer.
The title of the film, 'Heaven & Earth', is written in bold at the bottom middle of the page, advertising the film's preview in the magazine.
A button advertising the 'first look' at 'Heaven & Earth' is in the top left hand corner. I took this idea from an issue of Empire I had researched.
There is a plus sign on the left hand side showing a preview for an article with Angelina Jolie for her new film 'Malificent'. As 'Empire' is a big magazine, it will have many articles on lots of different films, hence my 'plus' section which lists upcoming films that the magazine will talk about, 'and 101 more'.

No comments:

Post a Comment