Monday 20 January 2014

Music

The music is an essential part of my trailer, I will need various types for different parts and it will mainly be just in the background.

Ideas for songs:
- White Nights - Oh Land
I really like this song as it is light and cheery and talks about dreams. Which could relate to Heaven in the trailer. I think it would be a good song to play throughout the trailer. Starting with no music and ending with this.
This is a cover so will be copyright free.

- Work B***h - Britney Spears
This would be good for the beginning of the trailer, as it suits Eva's personality prior to her death well. However, I'm not sure how well it would transition into another, calmer song. Also the language isn't a great choice, especially if the trailer is PG


- Florence + the Machine - Cosmic Love
This is quite a calm song, and it talks about the stars and sky, which has connotations of Heaven. However, I think it's possibly too slow for a romcom trailer. I think I need something more upbeat for it.
- Coldplay - Paradise
Paradise links to Heaven, so the lyrics fit really well. Also the song isn't too sad or slow.
-She and Him - In the Sun
This is quite upbeat and I think it would be suitable for the whole trailer as it isn't sad or too upbeat, and would work as background music well.
- Foster the People - Pumped up Kicks
I think this song would be good for the part before Eva gets run over. Only the background music though.
This is a cover, so will be copyright free. I will only be using the first few seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment