Thursday 19 December 2013

AA Group

I want to see how AA groups are portrayed in media as I am using one in my trailer (Afterlife Anonymous) so I want it to fit in with the stereotypes of these types of groups.
Here are some examples:
 
This clip introduces the 'Siblings anonymous' group well. I like the poster and refreshments table as I wanted to use something similar in my own trailer. The whole 'My name is Fred' 'Hi Fred' thing I really like. I think it's a really funny stereotype of AA groups and I want to use this in my own trailer. Also the set up of the room is similar to how I wanted mine to be. Finally, the leader with the clip board is something I wanted my God character to have.



 
This is a clip from the film 'Confessions of a shopaholic'. Like the 'Siblings anonymous' group the leader holds a clipboard and the group are sat on chairs in a circle. The 'Shopaholics anonymous' group also holds the stereotypes of 'Hi ...' and a phrase to keep their temptations away. This clip is also really funny but I won't be 'Tempting' them as in this clip.
 
 
In my trailer 'AA' group I will use:
- A clipboard for the leader
- The group sitting on chairs in a circle
- The 'Hi ...' stereotype
- A refreshments table
- A poster




No comments:

Post a Comment