Thursday 22 August 2013

Story Decision

I have decided to use my 2nd story idea, however, I may tweak the storyline slightly as my project progresses.
I believe that this is the most realistic of all my story-lines to create using my very small budget and fits in best with the genre conventions of RomComs. I want it to be an indie produced film, (as my small budget will not allow me to produce a mainstream RomCom.) so it will have certain elements that are supposed to be bad.
Here's how it fits in with my summation of RomComs:
  1. Boy meets girl (or girl meets boy) - Girl goes to heaven and is allocated a boy angel 'buddy' who shows her around
  2. They hate each other (or at least don't get along) - She hates him, he hates her
  3. They both start to realise their love for each other - They fall in love but don't properly realise it
  4. One of them moves away/starts a relationship etc (something that moves them apart) - She comes back to life and is pulled out of heaven
  5. The protagonist's friends/parents/sibling (or whoever else they hang around with) asks them why they aren't with the other person. - God, to both the boy and the girl (as the doctor/therapist), helps each of them to realise they loved the other.
  6. That same person helps the protagonist to realise that they are in love (However, steps 5 and 6 the protagonist can do on their own) - As above.
  7. Protagonist goes and wins the heart of the other person. - The boy begins to send the girl gifts to help her find him, she eventually realises it is him and goes to him, breaking through the dimension boundary. He becomes human so they can be together.
  8. It's a happy ending for everyone (except, perhaps, for the person who the loved person was in a relationship with, and if there was a bad guy keeping them apart then they would probably be punished) - 1 year later they are at their wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment